Johnson City Country Club
Golf Rules and Regulations
Due to the large number of new members at the Johnson City Country Club, the golf committee has been asked to compile a list of rules and regulations that will be enforced by the club professional and the committee members. Additional comments can be found in the 2010 Golf Handbook that is available in the golf shop or the club manager’s office.
1. All golfers must register in the Golf Shop prior to beginning of play.
2. All players shall start from the first tee unless directed otherwise by the golf professional.
3. Players must rake sand following any shots from the sand bunkers.
4. Repair all ball marks on the greens and replace all divots in the fairway.
5. Practice on the Golf Course is strictly prohibited.
6. Use litter baskets for all paper, bottles, trash, etc.
7. Tee times will be taken on a daily basis. All tee times must be made no earlier than two days prior to the actual day of play, starting at 8:00am. Other starting times will be left to the discretion of the Golf Pro or his assistants.
8. The course will be closed to all play until noon on Mondays.
9. Men may not play before noon on Tuesdays, Ladies‟ Day (April - October).
10. A course ranger shall have the authority to enforce the golf course rules and regulations. The hiring and supervision of the ranger is the responsibility of the Golf Pro.
11. Threesomes and foursomes have priority of play on the course at all times. Fivesomes shall be permitted with permission from the Golf Pro. No gangsomes are permitted at any time.
12. Any group of players delaying a match behind it or not keeping its place on the course shall allow those following to pass through.
13. Golf carts are not permitted within 30 feet of any green. Directional markings shall be enforced around all greens. On par 3‟s, carts must remain on the paths.
14. The dress code for all members is as follows:
Shirts with collars or mock turtlenecks.
Shorts must be of Bermuda length.
Members and their children are not permitted on the golf course, putting green or practice area in swimming attire.
Spikeless golf shoes or tennis shoes are required.
No blue jeans are allowed on golf course or the practice area. NO EXCEPTIONS.
15. Slow play is not tolerated. The golf course is designed to be played in 4 1/2 hours.
The Golf Committee,
Ed Russell, Chairman